http://randell.ph/geeky/2009/08/09/withdraw-funds-from-your-paypal-account/#more-680 --when I have my Paypal account..
http://www.phawville.com/blog/how-to-setup-gmail-as-your-email-manager-for-multiple-email-accounts/ --though right now i'll likely stay with yahoo because I like its home page with the news, entertainment, sports section. Also my gmail account as of the moment has many many messages that I haven't even opened and spams that I haven't deleted and blocked yet.
I saw this thing in friendster and it makes me reflect upon my own turf.
If I've seen this quote a many months ago I would have agreed to want this for me. But.. Now, I think differently. I really do want to meet all kinds of people now and mingle with all kinds and try to see the good in all kinds of people but still being through to myself and still being able to protect myself assertively against people who try to take advantage of others and against suckers, assholes and the like. But I don't want to stay away from them anymore. I like to mingle nowadays and I would like to think I am continuously making the extra effort to do so. May the force be with me ;-)
I recently discovered that on my 3-year stint of blogging I blogged 3-2-3.. meaning, on average I only blog 3 months per year.. hmm.. not as good as I want it to be. I decided to blog more for my personal fulfillment and achiement. Naks. Positively, I will blog more from now on.. especially these past few days that I have more free time at the ______. (Just being careful here... ;-). Now, I want to blog more and pickup on categories i've left off like techy things, about java programming, mobile development, about personal stuffs about me that are not too personal of course, about stuffs that have nothing to do with me but interests me nonetheless, poems, inspirational quotes,.
And some stuffs that I'm going to put on my blog:
- blog visits counter
- picture gallery (but i guess this is only for wordpress)
- video gallery (guess for wordpress only)
- integrate/link to friendster,facebook
It's in the simplest existence,in the humblest company and in the emptiest moments that I learned to appreciate what I had... and find happiness right where I was. I didn't have to reach far and dream big. One can only be as big as one sees oneself. The world will always be bigger still... and God, even more.
Here is where I stayed in Cebu for 2 weeks. (Somewhere there in The one in the red circle).
I left for Cebu March 1,2009 aboarding SuperFerry. The trip lasted for a whopping 24 hours. The trip's good since I wasn't in a hurry. It was my first time on a ferry trip to afar and I intend to enjoy the long trip. I honestly enjoyed it. Though at that time my smoking vice had not yet come again from the dead. It would have been enjoyable to smoke at the upper deck of the ferry watching the waves and feeling the strong winds whehehehehe.
It's good that I met a kind lady who after we reached Cebu (welcome Cebu!!! Yipee!!!) asked her taxi driver friend to help me find a nice place to rent. So within less than 30 minutes. I got a room for rent for only 1,800 a month =p
I went home to Manila on March 15 (or 14; can't really remember the exact date) aboard a Cebu Pacific airplane.
"You've failed many times although you don't remember. You fell down the first time you tried to walk. You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim. Don't worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try."
"There are some things in life that don't go the way you want them to or the way you think they should, but you can't dwell on these because you'll miss out on other opportunities. Don't give up one something just because you don't think things will work, you won't know unless you give it a try. But don't hold onto something that left a long time ago, because sooner or later you'll realize some things just aren't meant to be."
"If you're feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart... where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.”
"Don't look for the next opportunity. The one you have in your hand is the opportunity. Whatever is on your hands right now, that's the one! Make it the best you possibly can. Give it your best shot! If you want to have what you've never had before, you have to do what you've never done before."
*This post came from http://www.reyjexter.com/post/an-inspirational-message/
Can't wait to watch this one!! Especially after seeing photos of the upcoming film!! I don't know yet when's the showing here in the Philippines but I hope it's soon. As in sana bukas na =p
Especially andun si Scarlet Johannson as Black Widow.. grabe na ito hehe.
I really like IronMan as a superhero character talaga, inline with two of my other faves Superman and Batman. Especially since nalaman ko na ang character pala ni Iron Man was inspired by real life billionaire Howard Hughes who is also an inspiration to me personally. They were both super billionaires and playboys and have passion for aviation/technology.
*Chose the pic above among others I saw coz like a true geek and techy guy, the pic shows tony stark with a cool computer =)
1. "Kung hindi mo mahal ang isang tao, wag ka nang magpakita ng motibo para mahalin ka nya."
2. "Huwag mong bitawan ang bagay na hindi mo kayang makitang hawak ng iba."
3. "Huwag mong hawakan kung alam mong bibitawan mo lang."
4. "Huwag na huwag ka hahawak kapag alam mong may hawak ka na."
5. "Parang elevator lang yan eh, bakit mo pagsisiksikan ung sarili mo kung walang pwesto para sayo? Eh meron naman hagdan, ayaw mo lang pansinin."
6. "Kung maghihintay ka nang lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo.. Dapat lumandi ka din."
7. "Pag may mahal ka at ayaw sayo, hayaan mo. Malay mo sa mga susunod na araw ayaw mo na din sa kanya, naunahan ka lang."
8. "Hiwalayan na kung di ka na masaya. Walang gamot sa tanga kundi pagkukusa."
9. "Pag hindi ka mahal ng mahal mo wag ka magreklamo. Kasi may mga tao rin na di mo mahal pero mahal ka.. Kaya quits lang."
10. "Kung dalawa ang mahal mo, piliin mo yung pangalawa. Kasi hindi ka naman magmamahal ng iba kung mahal mo talaga yung una."
11. "Hindi porke't madalas mong ka-chat, kausap sa telepono, kasama sa mga lakad o ka-text ng wantusawa eh may gusto sayo at magkakatuluyan kayo. Meron lang talagang mga taong sadyang friendly, sweet, flirt, malandi, pa-fall o paasa."
12. "Huwag magmadali sa babae o lalaki. Tatlo, lima , sampung taon, mag-iiba ang pamantayan mo at maiisip mong hindi pala tamang pumili ng kapareha dahil lang maganda o nakakali*** ito. Totoong mas mahalaga ang kalooban ng tao higit sa anuman. Sa paglipas ng panahon, maging ang mga crush ng bayan nagmumukha ding pandesal, maniwala ka."
13. "Minsan kahit ikaw ang nakaschedule, kailangan mo pa rin maghintay, kasi hindi ikaw ang priority."
14. "Mahirap pumapel sa buhay ng tao. Lalo na kung hindi ikaw yung bida sa script na pinili nya."
15. "Alam mo ba kung gaano kalayo ang pagitan ng dalawang tao pag nagtalikuran na sila? Kailangan mong libutin ang buong mundo para lang makaharap ulit ang taong tinalikuran mo."
16. Mas mabuting mabigo sa paggawa ng isang bagay kesa magtagumpay sa paggawa ng wala.
17. Hindi lahat ng kaya mong intindihin ay katotohan, at hindi lahat ng hindi mo kayang intindihin ay kasinungalingan.
18. "Kung nagmahal ka ng taong di dapat at nasaktan ka, wag mong sisihin ang puso mo. Tumitibok lng yan para mag-supply ng dugo sa katawan mo. Ngayon, kung magaling ka sa anatomy at ang sisisihin mo naman ay ang hypothalamus mo na kumokontrol ng emotions mo, mali ka pa rin! Bakit? Utang na loob! Wag mong isisi sa body organs mo ang mga sama ng loob mo sa buhay! Tandaan mo: magiging masaya ka lang kung matututo kang tanggapin na hindi ang puso, utak, atay o bituka mo ang may kasalanan sa lahat ng nangyari sayo, kundi IKAW mismo!"
19. "Ang pag-ibig parang imburnal...nakakatakot mahulog...at kapag nahulog ka, it's either by accident or talagang tanga ka.."
*First saw this in a friendster bulletin and then 2nd in http://www.crayoncup.com/2009/01/bato-bato-sa-langit-ang-tamaan-huwag.html... So now i'm posting it on my own blog =p
After having quit smoking for 3 years, I am now here again trying to (and will) quit smoking again... I have to. For my well being, my dreams, my loved ones... marami kayang umaasa sa akin. kawawa naman si jack kung mgkasakit ako dahil sa yosi... at pano na'ng mga dreams ko db? So, I really have to and want to quit smoking again for good again, probably 3 years or more uli...
I started na mag-5 hitit lang ng yosi in the past couple of days and then tinatapon ko na yung yosi. I don't care if nasasayang ang pera ko sa tingin ng ibang tao. for me, walang sayang na pera sa ganun. ang sayang is kung magkasakit ako dahil sa kawalan ng disiplina ko. Walang ibang dapat sisihin at responsable kundi ako sa pagtigil sa yosi.
Then, today nag-3 hitit lang ako ng yosi then tinatapon ko na,.. Kaya lang ay pag nasa work ako ay pumapalya ang 3 hits lang ng yosi then tapon.... nauubos ko ang yosi hanggang filter kapag nasa work ako eh... dala na rin ng stress, or pressure, or melancholy, or happiness, or a feeling of high for a job well done... basta may kaakibat na emosyon ang isang sitwasyon ay mas mataas (napakataas) ng chance na magyosi ako... Ito ang ititigil ko. I've done it before. I will and can do it once more.
Hihintayin ko pa ba ang first salary ko sa new company ko para huminto na sa yosi for good? Baka it would be too late... Imagine na lang kapag nagkasakit ako. Wala akong ibang ma-be-blame kundi sarili ko, then it will be too late. Hmm... kaya ko na kaya na before first-salary ay itigil ko na ang yosi for good?
Or ituloy ko na lang muna ang 3-hits-then-tapon strategy ko and hope and make more strong effort na hindi masira ang 3-hits strategy ko pag nasa work?....
Whatever it is, I will surely have and want to quit smoking for good again. This is a prerequisite for me to be the best that I can be. Then itutuloy ko na uli ang workouts ko na naudlot na for almost 2 months na.
May the force be with me with my quitting of smoking for good again.
I was really lucky to have found the best possibly perfect alarm clock for me. The Golden Alarm clock. It was the biggest of the alarm clocks that I've canvassed about and it has the loudest alarm. It's alarm comes from the bells and it measures about 5 inches in diameter. Most alarm clocks that I had canvassed are made of plastics but this golden treasure is made of gold plated metal or some kind of heavy stuff material. Consequently due to this very good buy, I canvassed for more like it but found none since the once I bought is already the last stock in SM San Lazaro Appliance Center. I'm really lucky. Though I didn't find one exactly, I found a nice smaller version of it and I also bought it. Since I really need two alarm clocks for me to wake up sometimes, though sometimes I would wake up before the alarm set off or sometimes I wake up with only one alarm setting off. The bigger alarm clock cost 250++ pesos while the smaller one cost 150++ pesos.
1. IBM Lenovo Ideapad/Thinkpad 2. Android phone/iphone/blackberry 3. Kindle 2
* I'd said before that I'm not a gadgets guy and that I don't really care much about high-tech mobile phones. But... my choice is not a mobile phone but a smart phone hehe ;-) No, seriously, it's because I'm targeting to develop apps in smart phones. the IBM laptop is a necessity for me as a programmer. and the Kindle 2 is also a necessity for someone like me who not only is a book lover but reading and learning is also essential in my field. So there it goes, I've justified that I'm not really a gadgets person. I won't buy a gadget just because it's the coolest thing, I buy out of necessity :-)
Me and my many alarm clock are best friends. I can't live without them. I need them desperately. They're one of my keys to success. Choosing one can be tricky. I have to be really careful and pick reliable ones. You have to have criterias, man. Like: - ability to play music files (mp3, ogg, etc) - ability to queue up alarms - ability to automatically start the app when your box starts - ability to set run once, daily, weekly, etc. - ability to repeatedly play sound until you choose to stop it
So far these are my best friends...
1. Atomic Alarm Clock
Aside from covering all of the criteria that I mentioned above this baby also can wake up PC from standy or hibernate mode. This is simply my best fave among the rest. I'm just not sure yet if I can have it limitlessly on my box since it's shareware. I hope it doesn't stop working after 30 days... I will surely miss the user interface. The best.
2. Computer Alarm Clock by Tarsoft software Computer Alarm Clock also manage to cover all of the criteria. But the unregistered version can only queue up to 2 alarms. And since I'm not yet ready to purchase a registered one online and I don't have the plastic yet, I'm sticking with this one. One of the bonus of this alarm is you can set hourly chimes for hourly or every half an hour or so that will play. It's handy when you want to be reminded of the time every now and then.
3. Alarm by David De Groot Ok, this baby doesn't cut out all the criteria but I like it since it's lightweight. - ability to play music files (mp3, ogg, etc) . Check - ability to queue up alarms. Doesn't Support - ability to automatically start the app when your box starts. Doesn't Support. But can be done. - ability to set run once, daily, weekly, etc. Doesn't Support - ability to repeatedly play sound until you choose to stop it. Check.
With this app, what I do is launch multiple instances (this can be done if you had installed multiple instances too).
“You will find the key to success under the alarm clock”
Ever since I returned from Cebu on March 15, 2009 I am continually smoking again... tsk tsk... I started smoking again in Cebu.. then continued it here in Manila.. I thought I could stop as I return from Manila, but with the instability that I am facing with my career situation recently I wasn't able to stop. But I WILL stop the moment I get my first pay on my new company... I WILL stop smoking again. that I know I WILL. then I'll continue to regularly workout again... but I will make sure that my workouts this time will not interfere with my work in my employer.
Recently nangolekta ako ng mga gusto kong action figures. kase 'di nman talaga ako nangongolekta ng mga ganito, pg gusto ko lang talaga...
1. iron man
3. eugene of yuyu hakusho
meron din akong mga weird or gothic na figures:
1. skeleton na nakaupo sa toilet
2. ulo ni satanas
3. demonyong may pakpak
* The Captain America action figure was made by yours-truly when he was just a small boy in the past. It was actually a G.I. Joe action figure w/c he wrapped with masking tape and colored with pentel pen
* I've also mutated other G.I. Joe figures in the past into superman, and spiderman... pero wala na sila ngayon.
note: wala yung demonyong may pakpak sa pic, lumipad ata. joke.
blessed are the not so good looking or overly good looking... as they, early on, will learn to rely most on their personality and sheer skills to survive in this world. Unlike, (well, generally speaking lang 'to ha) those who are really good looking.. If they are raised uncarefully they might grow up as shallow, uninteresting, or just plain not putting enough effort for everything...
Basta, i-cocontinue ko na lang 'tong rant ko next time...
Whew... Uhm.. It will be hard to admit this one, admitting that something's a wrong with one's self. A disease or a misorder. But, the thing is,.. I used to have a delusions of grandeur. I had this burning desire to set my goals up so high in an impossibly amount of time. I had an inkling to be the best that I can be. Nothing less. Well, at least I'm happy that I didn't had the need to be the best among others. Just the best that I can be.. Until I became too hard on myself. forget/regret to actually smell the flowers they say. But now, thank "god-universe", I'm back to reality, and (hopefully) my good grasp of it and perspective will remain with me for all eternity. Now, I know I have to really live. enjoy life. Touch lives. Inspire myself and hopefully others. Laugh. Be fool at times. Play. blah blah.
I have now a clear picture of what my life is what I want: I want to be a java programmer na, that I'm sure.. in the future probably as a hobby na lang. I also also want as ever to be an entrepreneur. Something, something, I have ideas. Many. hmm... Yun lang. In between, just enjoy my life with the peeps in my life.
I have blogged relatively more now than when I first started up to last year.. I find it.. soothing. It's a form of self-expression for me. an extension of my goddumn self.. also, it's a log for my technical encounters on java blah blah. all in all, I think it makes me a better person in the process XD
started watchin' this cool sci-fi with hackings anime.
Cool. Compliments my personality (hindi kase ako masyado mahilig sa anime na anime eh. Eto medyo may pagka-adult anime sya pero wala namang bastos. Mas serious lang yung setting).
'Di talaga ako mahilig sa anime masyado hindi katulad ng mga ka-current generation ko. Eto lang talaga ang mga anime na pinapanuod ko:
1. Yuyu Hakusho (Ghostfighter)
2. Detective Conan
3. new: Ghost in the Shell
4. Mojako at Doraemon
It's my goal kelan-kelan lang na matulog ng mga 9pm at gumising ng 4am... pero e2 na naman ako at nagpupuyat... nothing, noone to blame but me. but I will not dwell into blaming myself anymore. since it's a waste of time. what i'll do is magpuyat pa ng konti na lang... konting araw na lang ay papasok na naman ako sa work. Pero this time ay talagang-talagang-talaga na kailangan kong matulog ng maaga na para makapasok ako ng maaga.
napuyat kase ako sa kakabasa ng blogs ng ibang tao.. nakakatuwa lang. natutuwa lang ako.. at naiinspire. I think IMOO eh dis is the time na ang pagiging celebrity ay nasa real people na. para sa akin tapos na yung mga artista ang mga celebrities. Actors and actresses as celebrities are just unreel for me. Mas celebrity sa akin ang mga real people in blogs na gustong kong basahin.
A sweetheart. I was able to merge the whole W3C tutorials page by page into one pdf. A caveat though is it has several empty pages generated, but all-in-all this software is cool enough for my needs.
I converted all of the W3c tutorials of w3c pages into pdf first by using http://html-pdf-converter.com which is also equally a baby. Then I merged all of the pdfs together in their proper order. One caveat though is you can only merge 5 pdfs at a time. But I can live with it for now. =). Now I have the W3C XML Tutorial into a pdf file. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!
1. Ever Since the World Begun - Eagles 2. Don't Cry Out Loud 3. Listen - Beyonce Knowles 4. This is the Moment - Erik Santos 5. I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly 6. The Winner Takes It All - ABBA 7. Secret Garden - Bruce Springsteen 8. The Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston 9. One Moment In Time - Whitney Houston 10. The Warrior is a Child - Gary V
with regards to being a software engineer, i would say that being an "expert"
or at least to be able to really have an in-depth above average knowledge/experience/skill
on a specific domain/context is a must. For example, one could be an expert developing
on banking enterprise web applications using java. Expertise or at least an in-depth above
average skill would be necessary for a good software engineer to be able to deliver with
flying colors. Otherwise, the product would not be as good. This is whether one is working
with a team or not. On the other hand developing an enterprise web application using java
would require other skills as well like database, connection and object pooling, sometimes
LDAP, web services, etc. Whether the software engineer is working with a team or not
and whether these different skill requirements are delegated to others, still the software
engineer would do him his own good if he at least knows a basic average knowledge for the
different skill requirements (jack of all trades). It is important to point out that IMO
it would be best to have these basic average knowledge skills wherein these skills are
connected to the expertise that the engineer is delving himself into.
I am now starting development on my very own android todo list program (the official name of the program will be disclosed in the future).. it will have a todo list of course, and it will also come with alarms, calendar event markings, goals, and other features as well..
First, my criteria is simple: entertainment value in particular to the technologically inclined, inspirational value for the technologically inclined, and plot.
1. Anti-trust. I like the plot. it's inspirational for me especially since Milo uses java here. 2. The Matrix. Especially now after finding out that Trinity's hack was the closest real life hack in a movie. 3. Swordfish. Entertaining. Inspirational for me was the part where the hacker in the first part of the movie was going to the airport with his laptop. I like the idea of a programmer going to places. 4. Take Down. I like the plot. I like the character. 5. Die Hard 4. I like the plot. The geekiness of the programmer character. I like the part where the character's apartment was shown. With all the action figures he has and his computer setup, a true geek. 6. Sneakers. I like the plot. Suspenseful. 7. The Net. I love the plot. I love the setup. 8. Mission Impossible. The plot.
*to be reviewed yet: tron, hackers, johnny mnemonic, the lawnmower man, war games., The italian job, foolproof, revolution OS, the conversation, ghost in the shell
Java Server Faces in Action by Kito Mann is in my exclusive humble opinion is one of the most terrible programming book I have browsed upon. I didn't care long to read it intently. IMO, the discussion is scattered in a haphazard way that confuses the reader. The direction lacks goal. It looks like a combination of different articles on the different topics on JSF that were put together to make a book. I didn't even see a clear and concise discussion on Backing Beans which is most important in developing web applications with JSF. And the book is 1000 plus pages! Amf! To think that I have read a good book about JSF (I forgot the title) that is really good and fewer pages.
This is because when it comes to IDEs I will always choose the one that provides me with the best productivity but will least get in my way of software development. Netbeans, although RAD (I think it's too much RAD and FAD though) with its multitude of auto-generation and wizardry just gets in my way because it produces artifacts and codes that are not standards. In other words, it creates files that are netbeans specific. Like if you use the Visual drag and drop for its Java Server Faces, I doubt if anyone have actually used it on production projects. I hate it. Eclipse forever. Heheh.
Again. But this time's it's for good. As they say, once a geek, always a geek. I love it now. I was sidestepped previously by my entrepreneurial blood and spirit and other things. But now my geeky geniusness is back for good. and my entrepreneurial spirit is not going anywhere either. I will synergize both to form me into a better individual. Wow! Heheh.
I am (unofficially) delving into the Android world now. exciting. simply exciting for me. I will be targeting mobile development now as my primary development skill. After web development, mobile development is now (unofficially) my thing. With my previous hands full on Blackberry Application development (though I am not yet finished with my blackberry journey; haven't delved into more important aspects of it including BB enterprise server) I am going to dive now into Google's Android development. Indeed, very much exciting.
- Adolix Split Merge PDF - very valuable if you find the need to merge or split your pdf files which, in my case, is very valuable since I always have a need to merge pdf files. - Atomic Alarm Clock - Alarm Clock -by bluefive software - Adobe Acrobat Reader 7. - Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus - BitTorrent - Cyberlink PowerDVD - downloadHelper (Firefox plugin to download videos) - Easy Thumbnails by Fookes Software - a must have if you have photos with large size that you want to upload to Friendster or something. this neat freeware will make your photos' file size smaller as you want it. cool =) - Eusing Free Registry Cleaner - Firefox. I just couldn't live with the default IE browser. - LimeWire - MS Office (the latest version if possible) - Nero dvd. - Nitro pdf download (Firefox plugin to convert html to pdf) - Open Office (the latest version if possible) - shockwave player - VLC media player - winamp. my fave thing for playing my mp3's in windows so far. - winrar. I've stopped using winzip.
For my development purposes: 1. jdk 1.5 or above 2. eclipse 3. ant. for building, though i sometimes use just the bundled in eclipse 4. blackberry ide, simulators, etc. (for my mobile development of course) 5. my libraries (Spring, Struts, Hibernate, etc) 6. MySQL 5 Essentials 7. SQLYog 8. Android SDK (newly added to my arsenal) XML: 9. XML Spy 10. Altova MapForce 11. Oxygen XML Editor 12. Software AG Crossvision Service Orchestrator Studio 13. Centrasite Community Edition used with Service Orchestrator Studio
I will surely now very much need and want a new laptop. The current computer that I'm using right now which is a desktop is a sure pain in the a**. It fails to detect my usb WD Elements 160 GB of external drive. It was able to detect my Vivitar DVR710 digicam but within less a minute of detecting it, the damn computer restarts. I know this has got something to do with the power of my behated AMD computer. Damn. plain and simple. In addition to these sH#$%t, the cursed computer has a RAM that when held in too tight to the slot will not work! Double damn.
I really wish now I could get my hands on my dream laptop. No I am not wishing. I am targeting. My target now of primary importance of purchase is my everdearest dream of laptop of model IBM Thinkpad 14 inch wide screen with 4 GB of RAM, core 2 duo, a video card that could very well play my favorite games (like Code of Duty 2). this laptop i'm targeting should also have the wi-fi, bluetooth, and a 160gb of hdd or more. I can't wait to get my hands full on this beast. Heheh. I will get it. Promise to myself. I will not settle for anything less anymore, like the MSI that I bought.