Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps











I've been waiting for so long for this movie to come out ever since I saw a poster of it in SM months ago. When I finally saw it I can say that I like it :-) Maybe not as much as I like the first Wall Street but I can't really compare the two movies because the concept on my opinion is different enough to be compared.

The first movie for me is a coolness and sleazy type of story.
The 2nd movie is a cheesy redemption type of story. So there's really nothing to compare. Oliver Stone did a good job of emphasizing the difference of the wall street scenario back in the days and the current setting now. Of course, you can see that the office back in the first movie has all this CRT monitors and not much style. But in the 2nd movie you can see all these cool LCD monitors and the stylish office too. And also very importantly you can see the difference in the software used between the two movies.

Michael Douglas (then and now)
I think Michael Douglas did a great job of portraying the Gordon Gekko character not only in the first movie (w/c he won best actor) but also in the 2nd movie. He puts the bravado in the film. I'm not sure if I would have still watched the movie if it wasn't Michael Douglas in it. I love this man. I hope he recovers from throat cancer.

Charlie Sheen vs. Shia LaBeouf
Personally, I like Charlie Sheen better than Shia LaBeouf comparing the two wall street movie. Not just the character but how they played the character. Charlie Sheen gave more powerful expressions and delivery. Though I also like how Shia portrayed being a yuppie and i like how he portrayed a confident one.