Monday, January 12, 2015

My Ultimate Journey to Android

I've been programming for eight years now. I started as a Java Applications Developer usually doing Enterprise Level Web Apps in different industries like healthcare, sales management, human resources management. Being involved with frameworks like Spring, Struts, EJB, plain Servlets & JSPs. I did this for about 5 years until I fully shifted to Mobile development (for Android & iOS). At first I just self studied Android while doing Java Enterprise Development for HP at Mckinley Hills. My first Android app was a picture puzzle




Then I got a part time freelance work and the rest as they say, is history.

Now, I'm doing Android development and also iOS development and I noticed (and realized) that my Android development skills are not that good. At least not as good as I want it to be. I still have a hard time sometimes on implementing a bit complex situations on Activities, and Fragments. Especially Fragments. And I still haven't really used Content Provider for my app. At least not in a simple situation. I don't have the design skills yet to pull off a really rocking Android UI.

Other Android topics I am keen to master:

So my resolve for this year of 2015 is to Level Up my Android development skills. May the geek goddesses help me with this endeavor.


No comments: