Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Alam Clock and Me

Me and my many alarm clock are best friends.
I can't live without them. I need them desperately.
They're one of my keys to success.
Choosing one can be tricky.
I have to be really careful and pick reliable ones.
You have to have criterias, man. Like:
- ability to play music files (mp3, ogg, etc)
- ability to queue up alarms
- ability to automatically start the app when your box starts
- ability to set run once, daily, weekly, etc.
- ability to repeatedly play sound until you choose to stop it

So far these are my best friends...

1. Atomic Alarm Clock









Aside from covering all of the criteria that I mentioned above this baby also can wake up PC from standy or hibernate mode.
This is simply my best fave among the rest. I'm just not sure yet if I can have it limitlessly on my box since it's shareware. I hope it doesn't stop working after 30 days... I will surely miss the user interface. The best.










2. Computer Alarm Clock by Tarsoft software
Computer Alarm Clock also manage to cover all of the criteria. But the unregistered version can only queue up to 2 alarms. And since I'm not yet ready to purchase a registered one online and I don't have the plastic yet, I'm sticking with this one. One of the bonus of this alarm is you can set hourly chimes for hourly or every half an hour or so that will play. It's handy when you want to be reminded of the time every now and then.













3. Alarm by David De Groot
Ok, this baby doesn't cut out all the criteria but I like it since it's lightweight.
- ability to play music files (mp3, ogg, etc) . Check
- ability to queue up alarms. Doesn't Support
- ability to automatically start the app when your box starts. Doesn't Support. But can be done.
- ability to set run once, daily, weekly, etc. Doesn't Support
- ability to repeatedly play sound until you choose to stop it. Check.

With this app, what I do is launch multiple instances (this can be done if you had installed multiple instances too).














“You will find the key to success under the alarm clock”

No comments: